Monday, April 13, 2009

Running!

I have started running! I was doing only exercise dvds and not seeing a whole lot of improvement. Well, I got this wild idea one day that I want to be a runner. The first day I only ran a few minutes but ended up with horrible shin splints. After healing, I was back at it. I did extra stretching before and after my runs, and bought new running shoes (Brooks Adrenaline). I was running 1 song, walking 1 song while listening to my ipod. Now I've been walking to warm up (3-5 min) then running for 20 minutes, then walking for another 5-10 minutes to cool down. I'm planning to sign up for a 5K this summer at Binder Park Zoo. I did one 2 years ago in South Haven but didn't have enough outside time running. Now that the kids are in public school I'm able to run outside on nice days. I downloaded some upbeat songs, which really helps!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Erin,

    I'm proud of you! Firstly, for being a runner and making that work in whatever way you have to and secondly, for starting your own blog. Wow! It's so much fun and I will be following yours to keep updated this way with you. Of course, I'll see you on FB, too.

    Blogging about our family and this adventure has been a great ride! It has helped me to connect with other Christian women as well, and they are a huge encouragement.

    Welcome, my friend. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help although I've only been blogging since September.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erin!

    It was good to hear from you. I think about you every once in a while and wonder what you've been up to.

    That's great that you are getting into running. I ran the detroit 1/2 this past fall with a group of ladies from the Y, it was really fun! If I don't qualify for Nationals in figure I'm going to do it again this year.

    So what school do your kids go to? Next year all my kids will be in school all day, it will make it nice for getting outdoor training in!

    I'll be following your journey!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol and Abby! Thanks for commenting, didn't know if anyone would actually read this, lol! Carol- I will take you up on the help once I get back from vacation with how to change the background, and do other stuff on here!

    Abby- my kids go to Minges Brook (Lakeview). They LOVE it and they've been blessed with great teachers this year! The transition from homeschooling to public has went really well, and I give a lot of the credit to those two ladies :-) I'd love to get together sometime if you have time! Are you still going to Faith Baptist Church? Give me a call sometime (we're in the phone book under Jon Major).

    ReplyDelete