Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Updates...


Haven't been on here much lately... I've been doing some blogs on my sparkpeople.com site, but that is all fitness-related stuff...

We got a new dog! Her name is Emily. She's about a year old, boxer mix (just like Monte), we've had her for a week. She was a stray in Bellevue, we got her at the downtown animal shelter. She is the sweetest dog, I just love her :-). The boys and Monte also adore her! Like Monte, she DOES NOT bark! I'm totally amazed, she's definately an answer to prayers! We've been wanting a female boxer for quite some time now...

Our trip to Disney was great, seems like so long ago now. Not sure where our next vacation will be to... I have vacation the week before the 4th of July, but Jon can't get the same week off. It was the only week I could take at work. I plan to do something fun with the kids, and I might run in the 5K at Binder Park Zoo.

The boys are doing a running class at the Y Center. They love it! They go twice a week for an hour and learn about nutrition and do some games and running. They will be running a 1 mile race on June 13th. They're very excited!

I've been back at the Y Center working out again for a little over a month, it's going great! I'm doing the New Rules of Lifting for Women program. The book is by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove. Diet wise I'm just trying to make sure I get enough protein and eat good carbs. No more 100 calorie packs! LOL!! Well, that's all for now ;-) Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Erin,

    Sounds like things are going great for you: new dog, exercising like a crazy woman! lol, and enjoying the kids and teaching them great things about good health. You are an inspiration.

    We just got back from a cruise and diet and exercise is what I'm thinking about. I had no dessert tonight unless you count grapes as one.

    Talk to you soon.

    Love,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!! Amen & amen! :)

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page?

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete