Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Forever!

So, it's been forever since I've done anything with this site... Here's some quick updates:

Last month, I went to Heart Quest through Fellowship of the Sword. It was a life changing experience! I had to prepare for 1 month for it, then the actual event was 6 days, with 30 days of post-work. It was an opportunity to become closer to God without any distractions (no cell phones, email, etc!) I am so glad that I went, even though I didn't know anyone else that was going. Mine was in Texas, but they also have them in MI and SC. I met some awesome women who are also on fire for God!

Weight wise, I had gained before I went to Heart Quest. While I was there, I ate A LOT of foods that I would not have chosen here. Higher fat and bigger portions... Also, in my month of prep work I had been so exhausted that I had not worked out at all... I really think that it was an attack from the enemy trying to get me to not go to Heart Quest. I'm glad that I went anyways! So, when I was got home and weighed myself, I was upset, but not all that surprised. I rejoined Weight Watchers 3 weeks ago, and have already lost at least 6 lbs. I weigh in again on Fri, so I'm sure it's more by now. I was working out at home a lot, today was my first day back to the gym in months. I need to come up with lifting program, since I know that it will help me a lot! It felt good to be back in the gym, although I do love my Turbo Jam and Biggest Loser workouts at home as well....

We had to find a new home for our dog Emily.... She was becoming very aggresive, trying to be the alpha-dog, and I was worried that she was going to hurt the dogs. She also kept chewing on Monte's legs, and would push him down whenever he tried to get close to use. So, we found a home for her. The people that adopted her do not have kids or other pets, so she'll be much happier being #1 in their family. The kids were a little sad at first, but they're fine now. Monte is loving the extra attention!

School is going well.... All "A's" so far.... I'm so ready for it to be done though and have my life back! Next July, Woo Hoo!!

Jon was training for a marathon for this April, but his training got cut short a few weeks ago when he hurt his knee... He was so discouraged. He is hoping to do one in the fall instead. He starts Physical Therapy today, so we're praying that they are able to give him some exercises to help his knee heal!

Time to run to the store and pick up a few groceries. One thing that I'm doing different this time with Weight Watchers if chosing "filling foods" and really trying to stay away from processed-junk. Just cause it's "low-p0int" doesn't mean it's good for me! And they don't satisfy for long. I'm also focusing on increasing my water intake. I only have to lose 1 more pound to reach my 5% goal, so I'm excited for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment